Hide - Mission
Peary Elementary School is a multicultural and diverse learning community preparing each scholar for academic, social, and personal success by providing a safe, supportive, rigorous environment.
- All children can learn and succeed.
- All children deserve the opportunity to think, dream, believe, and achieve.
- Social Skills deserve the same attention as academic skills.
- School is not just for children: it encompasses families, parents, community, stakeholders, society, the environment, and the world.
- We must all share responsibility for the needs and development of children while fostering an appreciation for individual differences and cultures.
- Children are more than test scores.
- Children learn best in a safe, caring environment, one that values diversity, collaboration, and risk-taking.
- Children thrive when expectations are high and self-esteem higher.
- Direct instruction of scholars helps to increase scholar achievement.
We, the staff of Peary Elementary, believe all scholars can learn. Through high expectations and the cooperation of scholars, parents and the community, we appreciate and accommodate the diversity of our scholars. As we provide a safe and nurturing environment, scholars will be empowered to be life-long learners.
Peary Elementary School
10818 E. 17th St.
Tulsa, OK 74128