Located in the Magic Circle neighborhood, Peary Elementary School is a focal point of this longstanding community and one of the fastest growing schools in the district. Many generations of neighbors have attended here to learn from our veteran teachers. They also enjoy our fully renovated school. Peary participates in the Food for Kids Backpack Program, which provides nutritious, kid-friendly food for students to take home on Fridays after school. In addition, our school offers a clothing closet and food pantry for families to get the resources they need to thrive.
Peary Elementary School is a multicultural and diverse learning community preparing each scholar for academic, social, and personal success by providing a safe, supportive, rigorous environment.
We, the staff of Peary Elementary, believe all scholars can learn. Through high expectations and the cooperation of scholars, parents and the community, we appreciate and accommodate the diversity of our scholars. As we provide a safe and nurturing environment, scholars will be empowered to be life-long learners.
- All children can learn and succeed.
- All children deserve the opportunity to think, dream, believe, and achieve.
- Social Skills deserve the same attention as academic skills.
- School is not just for children: it encompasses families, parents, community, stakeholders, society, the environment, and the world.
- We must all share responsibility for the needs and development of children while fostering an appreciation for individual differences and cultures.
- Children are more than test scores.
- Children learn best in a safe, caring environment, one that values diversity, collaboration, and risk-taking.
- Children thrive when expectations are high and self-esteem higher.
- Direct instruction of scholars helps to increase scholar achievement.