Uniform Policy for Peary Elementary School
Dress Code for the 2011-2012 School Year
Polo Shirt: (navy blue, light blue, light pink, white, black, royal blue or maroon)
· A polo shirt is defined as a shirt with two or three buttons, with a collar.
· Undershirts will be allowed ONLY if they are plain white or the color of the polo worn.
· Shirts must be hemmed and an appropriate length and tucked.
· Shirts containing ANY writing may not be worn (aside from the school logo).
· Students will be allowed to wear a Peary Spirit Shirt on Fridays in place of a polo shirt.
Pants: ( khaki, black or navy blue slacks/shorts cotton material) Girls- ( khaki, black or navy blue jumper/capris cotton material also permitted)
· Pants, shorts, and skirts must be properly fitted (not oversized, should be no larger than one size up) Waistbands are to be fitted to the waist, as pants and shorts will not be allowed to sag.
· Cargo, denim (jean material, no stitching around the pocket), fringed hem, stretch or wind-pants are not acceptable for uniforms. (No stripes or Logos allowed) Pants must be hemmed.
· Pants must not flare at the bottoms to an unsafe width.
· Shorts must reach at least to end of fingers with hands extended down to the side. No “short” shorts!!
· Belts must be brown or black, no designed buckle, must always be shown. Although it is preferable that all students wear a belt, third through sixth grade students are required to wear a belt.
· Hair ribbons, socks or jewelry must follow the school dress colors, navy blue, white, black, light blue or pink, royal blue or maroon
Jacket /Sweater/Sweatshirt: Grey, Navy, White, Maroon
· Sweatshirts can be worn in classroom when cold weather arrives. No logos on Sweatshirt unless school emblem. Hoodies (hooded sweat shirts) are not allowed in classroom, must be stored in locker during the day. No jackets/coats in cafeteria (must be placed in locker).
· Uniforms will conform to TPS Dress Code requirements.
· The principal must approve uniforms for student organizations/athletics worn at school.