Greetings Peary Elementary School Parents/Guardians,
I am so happy and blessed to be starting another school year as Principal at Peary Elementary! It has already been a wonderful start to the school year! I am thrilled to have seen most of you during our meet and greet. I hope to see every parent at our Back to School Night coming soon in September.
I want to remind you of a couple of things that you can help us with, ensuring this school year continues on the academic success highway:
7:15 -7:30 am – Breakfast
7:30 am – Class/School Day begins
7:50 am – Tardy
2:35 pm – School day ends
Beginning next Monday, August 28, we will no longer allow you to walk your child to their classroom. We will have teachers stationed in hallways to assist them. Also, please make sure that your scholar(s) is aware of their after school arrangements before the school day begins; we would like calls to the office for modifying pick up plans to be exceptions to your routine. If you need to change your scholar’s pick up arrangement for that day, please call the main office before 2:00 pm, so that we can ensure that the scholar receives the message in time before dismissal.
I look forward to working with you and your scholar this year for academic success! It is truly a blessing, to be leading Peary Elementary to Destination Excellence. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any concerns, questions, or ideas!
Thank you for sharing your child(ren) with us!
Tessa L. Cross
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year - we are so excited to see you and your child on Monday, August 21st to kick off another great year of learning at PEARY. Families are our most important partner in education, and we look forward to working alongside you to ensure that your child has the tools that he or she needs to be successful.
While there will be many opportunities for you to be engaged in your child’s learning this year, one of the most important ways to contribute to your child’s success is to help them get to school on time every day. Here are some suggestions to help start the school year off right and develop good attendance habits from day one:
● Talk to your child about the importance of getting to school on time every day.
● Create morning and evening routines to ease your child back into the school-year schedule.
● Create your school transportation plan early and make a back-up plan for emergencies. Visit www.tulsaschools.org/bus for bus routes.
● If your child will walk to school or to the bus stop, practice the route in advance.
● Use the district calendar to plan family vacations during breaks or to schedule doctor's appointments on professional learning days. The calendar is available at www.tulsaschools.org/calendar.
● Talk to your child about staying safe on the way to school by using crosswalks, being aware of their surroundings, and not interacting with strangers.
Every day counts, and your child can still fall behind academically if he or she misses just a day or two every few weeks. We've got an exciting year planned at PEARY, and we want your child to benefit from every minute of teaching and learning with their classmates! If your family is facing challenges or barriers in getting your child to school, please contact me at 918-925-1520 so we can work together to develop an attendance plan.
See you on August 21!
Tessa Cross, Principal
10818 E. 17th St. | TULSA, OKLAHOMA 74128